Behind the closed door dine and wine experience
She did it. The korma was creamy, flavorful with just enough of a kick! I can’t say enough about her meals, I have tried everything from fresh fish with sweet mango sauce, marinated chicken kebabs with yogurt sauce and everything in between.
She can customize a menu based upon your preferences and dietary restrictions, or come up with creative suggestions of her own based upon your likes. Mondays have become a favorite day in our house, since we are greeted to the aromas of her wonderful cooking as soon as we open the door. And the best thing, everything is cleaned up immaculately. Oh, and my dogs love her. Probably because she is sneaking them samples!
Maya Saxena, Delray Beach, FL
~ "Chef Vera has been wonderful. She listened to my and my wife's requests. She has blown me away with her cooking skills, but more importantly with her people skills.
Whenever you invite someone in your home, there is uneasiness. Not with Chef Vera! She was friendly, easy to work with on a menu and cooked wonderfully tasty meals.
She made me a hero to my wife! (the chef was a surprise for my wife). Can't wait for her to come back next week."
Keith Sims, Davie, FL
Vera's Home Kitchen offers services in Florida Gold Coast, especially
in Palm Beach County, Miami-Dade County and Broward County:
Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Lantana, Royal Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, West Palm Gardens, Lake Worth, Wellington, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Deerfield Beach, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Ft. Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Riviera Beach, Miami (individual arrangements to more locations available)
Please, contact me at:
or call: (561) 908-2744
How it all works?
We meet and discuss your needs
• I'll first meet you in your home to discuss your menu requirements, allergies, preferences, dietary needs and the frequency of the service required. At this time, I'll also check out your kitchen, appliances and the working space devoted to my cooking. This first meeting is complimentary.
• After the initial assessment, if we're a good fit, we agree on the first cooking day and sign a contract. The most popular frequency of cooking days is weekly, bi/weekly or once a month. It's based on the individual needs of each customer. The professional fee is always due before the cooking day, as well as the agreed food deposit.
I do the shopping
• On a cooking day, I'll first go to best-tested shops and markets for the freshest sustainable and/or organic ingredients I'm going to need to prepare your personalized menu.
I do the cooking
• I prepare all the meals in your own kitchen. Since I'll be preparing multiple entrees and side dishes from scratch, I'll spend quite a few hours cooking. My typical customers aren't home while I work in their kitchen, but if you happen to be at home, please consider that I'll need your kitchen as my "office" for most of the day. I'll need some space in the fridge and as much counter space as possible.
I clean up the kitchen afterward
• When all the cooking is done, I pack, label and store your meals in a refrigerator and/or freezer, clean the kitchen and leave instructions on how to heat and add finishing touches to your meals. Generally, reusable Pyrexware or non-glass containers are used for packing the meals.
• Some of my clients like to have the first dinner of the week served, which allows us to pick something that's not ideal for reheating - like steak, fish or other dishes requiring to be cooked and served immediately. It's an option. If you prefer to come home and grab whatever you like and eat on your own terms, that's fine too!
• What's left for you to do is to decide which meal you would like to have which day, heat it up and enjoy!
~ Chef Vera is wonderful! We had a chance to meet her and try her delicious cooking while visiting my father in-law for the holidays. She cooks there once a week and she can cook anything you ask her pairing it with the perfect wine. She adds a fun and bubbly personality to the mix.
Daniela and Glen Cammarano
Spend your time enjoying life!
~ I have been lucky enough to use Chef Vera for the past year to prepare meals for my family. As a working mother with very little time, Vera does everything from buying organic, fresh groceries to preparing meals that are absolutely delicious.
After sampling some of her delectable dinners like sweet potato and kale quesadillas, healthy (but delicious) black bean burgers, and fabulous roasts, I decided to challenge her. I asked her to prepare one of my favorites Indian dishes, chicken korma. I was quite skeptical that the dish would meet my expectations, since I grew up eating my dad’s Indian food and did not think anything could come close.
~ We were happy to use Chef Vera's services during our first winter 2014-2015 in West Palm Beach county, twice a week. We were tired of restaurant’s meals and were seeking more healthy options. We decided to hire personal chef and picked Chef Vera right away. We didn't even interview other people.
We believe that any recipe needs some love and care and Vera seemed to us like a very warm and kind person. She was very attentive to our taste. We didn't have to make special notes about our preferences. She understood right away that we are happy with light food, but rich in nutrition, and gave us different tasty-fancy suggestions.
Chef Vera always came perfectly prepared for her mission in our kitchen. She made us some extra meals and snacks for next days, always provided labels on food containers and left us with menu and heating instructions. Sometimes we asked her to buy some groceries for us, and she always found organic and freshest stuff.
During those four months we became like a family and we'll miss Vera’s services in New York.
We definitely recommend Vera’s Home Kitchen for everyone who is looking to live healthy lifestyle with tasty food.
Eric and Elena Wolf, Boynton Beach, FL
with Keith Sims, former Miami Dolphins Pro Bowler